Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 25 and still hanging in there...

I'm quickly approaching the end of my first Recovery Week. When I was heading into it, the sound of "Recovery Week" sounded like a nice break, a breather from the wringer Tony has been putting me through for the last 3 weeks. So why am I still very sore? Yesterday evening I did Kenpo, which I normally find somewhat easy, so I kicked it up a notch, and started doing double time while Tony and the gang would start off slow, digging deeper into my horse stance, making my kicks as high as I could, making my form look right instead of like a girl....and I'm sore today.

I've also made a new accomplishment. Back before I started p90x, every time I'd head over to my parents' place, I'd try to do one chin up on their bar (Mom has been on p90x for like, ever.) Not a chance though. I'd maybe get 6/8 of the way up, but just could not get my chin up and over. The other night, after feeling completely jacked over an excellent day, I ran downstairs to my bar, and hammered out 2 full, straight arm, dead hang, chin ups. Only 3½ weeks into p90x, and i'm pumping out chin ups! My body has been surprising me with its potential and what it can really do.

My diet has been slipping, with having company stay with me over the last 4-5 days, but I'm still getting lots of protein, and trying to keep the carbs to a minimum. I'm going to try to stick to the high-protein diet as I head into Phase 2, because I've really liked the results it's given me up until this point. I've decided to add more fish to my diet as well, because I've mostly been relying on Cottage Cheese, Eggs, and red meats up until this point. Bring on the tuna and salmon!

No comments:

Post a Comment