Friday, February 25, 2011

Calf Raises....FTW!


I added yet another check mark to my wall calendar knocking off tonight's Back and Leg workout. Having done really good with my workouts this week, I just about lost momentum tonight after I got home from work. My normal routine is as soon as I walk in the door, I change into my workout clothes, grab my cold bottle of water out of the fridge, and head downstairs to pop in that day's DVD. Today I got somewhat distracted and started dilly dallying after I got home. I was so hungry (I haven't been seeing much results on the scale lately, so I've decided to lower my calories, and focus on drinking more water.) so I ended up deciding in my head, that I was going to skip today's workout. Bad attitude, I know.

After sitting on my duff for a large portion of my evening, I made a salad the size of my car, with homemade vinaigrette. It was only about an hour or 2 after I'd eaten that I decided I should really do my workout. (At this point, I'd already put on my workout clothes once, and changed into sweats......once the sweats go on, there's NO changing back...!) I figured I'd give it my best, even though I knew my stomach was still grumbling away from the mass amounts of salad I'd just eaten. My goal: Just push play, Anna.

To psych myself up, I normally start off by listening to some fist-pumpingly good music, and then I head downstairs to try to kill a couple of chin ups as the intro to the DVD is starting. I am still at 2 full chin ups, but this time it was JUST about three. Definitely something I'm hoping to have under my belt by the end of next week. Baby steps.

Dang!! Those darn calf raises. It was at that point, where I felt like, "Whoa Anna....breathe...*urp*..." All was well though. No bucket necessary. Close call. I know for next time not to sit on my butt until I don't feel like doing my workout anymore. Just gotta get it over with.

Now I've had a hot shower, I'm back in the sweats, enjoying a hot cup of some sort of stomach soothing tea. And I am happy. This week was a good week. And I'm feeling it, not only physically, but mentally. Stoked for Kenpo tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment